June 27, 2017 – In the past few weeks, “payroll ghosting” has made news in Tampa, Florida. A ghost worker is a term used to refer to a non–working employee who is falsely entered on the company payroll. Several investigations have determined longshoremen were not involved in any misappropriations of payroll. The reported “payroll ghosting” issue stemmed from an operations manager who had been tampering with the timesheets. The manager involved was terminated. The ILA does not condone or tolerate acts of ghosting.
- “Payroll Ghosting” in Tampa, Florida
- J. H. “Buddy” Raspberry 2017 Scholarship Reception & Awards Luncheon
- The Power of Technology in Communications during Crisis
- The A. Philip Randolph Miami-Dade Clarence Pittman, Jr. Scholarship Night in White
- The International Dockworkers Council Urges All Affiliates to Unite in Commemorating the International Day of Work on Monday, May 1, 2017